вторник, 18 апреля 2017 г.

Spirituality

Spirituality
Black is beautiful
Black is beautiful

Spirituality Definition


Spirituality. What is spirituality? you might ask. For a very long time, people of all different ethnic backgrounds have tried to define what the word spirituality is about. I've heard different versions of how people define spirituality. Some are good definitions, some bad; and some don't make a darn sense! Out of all the definitions I've heard, I think I've stick to what I know.


I hail from the Western part of Africa, where living things are mostly used for ritual. Although I did not witness any human killing for rituals, I have seen animals being mutilated in the name of offering the gods of iron, wood, stick and many more that you could only imagine. I've heard and read gruesome stories about human sacrifice, some of which still bother me psychologically till today.


After putting my physical and emotional experience together, I came up with my own definition; "Spirituality is derailed mentality, conditioned by impaired functioning, and a distorted or nonexistent sense of objective reality - Psychosis". OR Spirituality is defined as unworldly, self triggered behavioral mental disorder that might later manifest, if not treated into strong hallucinations that people referred to as vision. Correct me if am wrong but that is the way I see it.


During my last tour to Africa, I met a young lady who was as at then, the daughter of a high priest, in a village called Metunba. This young beautiful lady gave me her own definition of divinity. In her own words, she said and I quote .."Spirituality as referred to; by some people as a religion, in which separate tribes sees differently as mysticism (these are the set of people who believe in voodoo cult), is defined as the way to communicate with the spirits of the shrine. Some refer to this divinity as a link to connect with the dead, very few consider it as an expression of faith, while the same sector of tribe reluctantly sees the definition of spirituality as a sacred instrument that most people in the world are linked or greatly connected".


It took me a while to recoup myself because I undermined this beautiful lady's intelligence, simply because she is from the village. Why? you may ask. Generally, girls from the village were not allowed to be educated. They are only allowed to be full housewife; as well as baby makers, nothing more! If they do get educated, it's probably just for the purpose of responding to visitors that have come to visit their local chief. I was not expecting the kind of precise definition that was bestowed upon me by a village girl :) - Don't judge a book by it's cover.


Typical African herbalist preparing to conjure spirits
Typical African herbalist preparing to conjure spirits

Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone

Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone


Spirituality is a non secular development in a globe described by strength, cash, and shape is a overwhelming task. Our concepts of self-worth and self-meaning are confused. How can we beat a stability between the material and religious elements of our existence? The answer ...we can't.


To build mentally is to look inward. You need to examine and mirror on your feelings, sensations, thoughts, and motivations. Periodically examining your occasions, the decisions you make, the romantic engagements you have, and the elements you participate in gives prudence on your life span goals, on the better traits you may want to uphold and the negative qualities you have to dismiss.


To get emotionally involved is to improve your options. The needs of the system are recognized but placed under the needs of the spirit. Opinions, morals, virtue, rules, realities, and excellent operates supply the describe to make sure the development of the religious being continues. If you have gratified the basic physiological and psychological needs, non secular or existential needs come next.


To build somewhat mentally is to look for meaning. Whether we think that life's weight is pre-determined or self-directed, to get in mood is to understand that we do not just exist. We do not know the sense of our lives at birth; but we reap information and wisdom from our connectivities together with people and from our behaviors and feelings to the environments we are in. Our lives have goal. These purpose places all our tangible, emotional, and witty abilities into use; sustains us during trying times; and gives us another thing to look forward to---a wish to gain, a location to attain.


To mature mentally is to value interconnections. Recognizing your hyperlink to all factors makes you more slight and respectful of individuals, figures, vegetation, and factors in features. It makes you value all around you. It moves you to go beyond your reassurance area and reach out to other others, and become stewards of all other matters around you.


This is where I'll be dropping my pen( or keyboard) for now :)


I'll update this page as I get more interview, so make sure you bookmark my hub and kindly press all the like and voting buttons below. One more thing..kindly participate in the polls I have below this article. You'll be amazed by the result.


Till I hear from you guys, it's bye for now.


A Quick Question for You


Would you talk to your dead loved ones, if you have the chance?


  • No
  • Yes
  • Yes, I would like to say goodbye
  • No, the dead is dead, nothing more
  • Nobody can talk to the dead.
  • They call it dead for one reason..DEAD

See results


Original article and pictures take hubpages.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий